These healthy skincare habits are quick and easy to work into your routine
It's been a rough two years for us all—and instead of making unrealistic resolutions that will be forgotten by mid-February, this year we're focusing on the little (but impactful) things we can commit to for the long haul.
To help you ease into this year, here are five simple ways to step up your beauty routine in 2022...
1. Master your five-minute makeup routine
If you haven't mastered this already, now is your chance. For hopping on a last-minute Zoom call, or for days when you feel like putting in a touch more effort while working from home, here's how you can create a flawless look with less than a handful of products.
- Start with the perfect base. Evalina's Luminous Face Primer is a multi-tasking powerhouse that will moisturize and smooth out the texture of your skin as it preps your face for makeup.
- Next, apply Evalina's long-lasting, lightweight Dew Beauty Benefit Cream to enhance your skin's overall tone and give you that coveted no-makeup look.
- Add a pop of colour to your complexion with Evalina's Glow Cheek and Lip Stain. Simply dab it onto cheeks and/or lips for a rich dewy finish with intense colour payoff and hydration.
- Finally, add instant definition and length with Evalina's Flutter Lash Volumizing Mascara for beautiful, natural-looking lashes.
2. Prioritize wearing sunscreen
Pexels: Moose PhotosWhether you're having a makeup or a no-makeup day, sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 is a must, no matter the season. Make sure you pick one up for your specific skin type so you don't have any unpleasant reactions.
3. Keep your skin hydrated
Colder temperatures can cause dry, flaky skin, so here are a few ways you can keep your complexion hydrated during the winter. Limit your time in the shower as this can actually cause dehydration and lead to more significant skin irritation issues, then be sure to apply moisturizer directly after drying. In addition, using richer products during the cold months helps hydrate skin, and if you choose to wear makeup, make sure you're using a product that contains hyaluronic acid, like Evalina's Dew Beauty Benefit Cream, which works to nourish, protect and moisturize the skin.
4. Don't let masks stop you from wearing lip gloss
There's something to be said for wearing a lip colour, even if no one can see it behind your mask—it gives you that little boost of confidence while also helping to condition your lips. Evalina's Moisturizing Lip Gloss is a great pick as it's packed with rich emollients, vitamin E and antioxidants for a smooth, hydrating and nourishing application.
5. Remove your makeup (yes, every night)
puhhhaWe've all been there. You fall asleep on the couch, then drag yourself to bed, probably later than you should. The last thing you want to do is stand in the bathroom, get your face all wet and start your skincare routine—but, we promise you the payoff of clean, healthy skin is worth it. To make it easier on yourself, pick up some micellar water to softly remove any makeup residue and dirt before you cleanse, which can save a lot of time.